Trace your family tree - Australian and English family trees
1. Thomas1 Cross, born 1775; died 1839 in Richmond, NSW Australia. He married in 1814 in Windsor NSW Australia' Martha Bryant, born 1798 in Sydney; died 1839 in Richmond, daughter of William Bryant (Convict - Pitt) and Jane Ison Lloyd (Convict - Surprize).
Notes for Thomas Cross
Convicted at Hertford in 1810 of stealing sheep, along with William Scott. Arrived Admiral Gambier.
Children of Thomas Cross and Martha Bryant were as follows:
3 ii Elizabeth2 Cross, born 1816; died 1836.
+ 4 iii Jane2 Cross, born 1818 in Richmond; died 1888 inWindsor. She married George Wood.
5 iv Sophia2 Cross, born 1820 in Richmond ; died 1820.
+ 6 v William2 Cross, born 1821 in Richmond ; died 1868 in Londonderry. He married Ann Timmins.
7 vi Thomas2 Cross, born 1823 in Richmond ; died 1826.
+ 8 vii John2 Cross, born 1828 in Richmond ; died 1913 in Dubbo NSW Australia. He married Susan Marlin.
+ 9 viii George2 Cross, born 1830 in Richmond ; died 1894 in Windsor. He married Lucy Hoskisson.
+ 10 ix Martha2 Cross, born 1832 in Richmond ; died 1911 in "Riverview" The Terrace Windsor. She married James Farlow.
11 x Ann2 Cross, born 1833.
12 xi Sarah2 Cross, born 1836.
13 xii Ann2 Cross, born 1837 in Lower Hawkesbury NSW Australia; died 1905 in Richmond. She married in 1854 in Richmond Thomas G Douglas, born 1840 in Richmond ; died 1886 in Richmond , son of Thomas Douglass and Charlotte Plumb. Thomas' grandparents were William Douglass (Convict - Alexander) and Mary Groves (Convict - Prince of Wales).
4. Jane2 Cross (Thomas1), born 1818 in Richmond; died 1888 in Windsor. She married in 1834 George Wood, born 1807; died 1881 in Windsor, son of John Wood(Convict - Albermarle) and Ann Matthews(Convict - Kitty).
Children of Jane Cross and George Wood were as follows:
+ 14 i Anne (Annie)3 Wood. She married John Frederick Cobcroft.
6. William2 Cross (Thomas1), born 1821 in Richmond; died 1868 in Londonderry NSW Australia. He married in 1839 in Richmond Ann Timmins, born 1893 in Penrith NSW Australia, daughter of James Timmins and Ann (---).
Children of William Cross and Ann Timmins were as follows:
15 i Margaret3 Cross, born 1837.
16 ii Eliza C3 Cross, born 1839.
+ 17 iii William3 Cross, born 1839 in Richmond; died 1901 in Casino NSW Australia. He married Sarah Woodward.
18 iv Hannah3 Cross, born 1845 in Richmond; died 1862 in Richmond.
+ 19 v George H3 Cross, born 1855 in Richmond; died 1909 in Mudgee NSW Australia. He married Elvina Farlow.
20 vi Ann3 Cross, born 1843.
21 vii Martha3 Cross, born 1841 in Richmond.
22 viii Alice3 Cross, born 1847.
23 ix Robert W3 Cross, born 1842.
24 x Wiliam3 Cross, born 1849.
25 xi Sophia3 Cross, born 1845 in Richmond; died 1862.
26 xii Thomas3 Cross, born 1849 in Richmond; died 1935 in Windsor.
27 xiii Charlotte Agnes3 Cross, born 1851 in Richmond; died 1941 in Burwood NSW Australia.
28 xiv James3 Cross, born 1856 in Richmond; died 1923 in Penrith NSW Australia.
8. John2 Cross (Thomas1), born 1828 in Richmond; died 1913 in Dubbo NSW Australia. He married in 1850 in Pitt Town NSW Australia Susan Marlin, born 1828 in Pilton Devonshire England; died 1909 in Orange NSW Australia, daughter of George Marlin and Mary Ann Green.
Notes for John Cross
Notes for Susan Marlin
Arrived as an assisted immigrant with her parents and siblings, in 1837 on City of Edinburgh
Children of John Cross and Susan Marlin were as follows:
30 ii Charles3 Cross, died 1924 in Liverpool NSW Australia.
31 iii Albert3 Cross, died 1941 in Mayfield NSW Australia.
32 iv Elizabeth Ann3 Cross, died 1848 in Coffs Harbour NSW Australia.
9. George2 Cross (Thomas1), born 1830 in Richmond; died 1894 in Windsor. He married in 1853 in Windsor; Lucy Hoskisson, born 1825 in Windsor; died 1891 in Armidale NSW Australia, daughter of John Hoskisson and Sarah Freebody. Lucy's grandparents were Thomas Hoskisson (Convict) and Sarah Pigg (Convict - Mary Anne).
Children of George Cross and Lucy Hoskisson were as follows:
+ 33 i Thomas3 Cross, born 1853; died 1919 in Inglewood Qld Australia. He married (1) Victoria Leslie Kinane; (2) Isabella Jane Rose.
34 ii George James3 Cross, born 1855; died 1931 in Walcha NSW Australia.
+ 35 iii Charles John3 Cross, born 1857 in Richmond; died 1936 in Moree NSW Australia. He married Elizabeth Georgina Hilliard.
36 iv Samuel3 Cross, born 1859 in Warialda NSW Australia; died 1859.
37 v Henry3 Cross, born 1861 in Warialda; died 1944 in Manly NSW Australia.
38 vi Emma3 Cross, died 1947 in Walcha NSW Australia.
39 vii Samuel3 Cross, died 1927 in Walcha NSW Austalia.
10. Martha2 Cross (Thomas1), born 1832 in Richmond; died 1911 in "Riverview" The Terrace Windsor. She married in 1849 in Windsor; James Farlow, born 1820 in Richmond ; died 1888 in Wilberforce NSW Australia; buried in St John's Wilberforce, son of Robert Farlow (Convict - Canada) and Ann Dyer.
Children of Martha Cross and James Farlow were as follows:
40 i James William3 Farlow, born 1857 in Windsor. He married in 1882 in Windsor; Catherine Ann Cobcroft, born 1860 in Windsor; died 1949, daughter of George Cobcroft and Maria McGinnis.
14. Anne (Annie)3 Wood (Jane2 Cross, Thomas1). She married in 1864 in Australia NSW Windsor John Frederick Cobcroft, born 1838; died 1875, son of Richard William Cobcroft and Mary Ann Cross. John's grandfather was John Frederick Cobcroft (Convict - Scarborough)
Children of Anne (Annie) Wood and John Frederick Cobcroft were as follows:
41 i Mabel Constance4 Cobcroft, born 1866; died 1866.
42 ii Maud Fredericka4 Cobcroft, born 1867. She married in 1899 in Sydney; Alfred E Stone.
43 iii Ella May4 Cobcroft, born 1869. She married in 1888 in Leichhardt NSW Australia; Arthur MacKenzie.
+ 44 iv Thomas Frederick4 Cobcroft, born 1871 in Wilberforce; died 1947 in Macksville NSW Australia. He married Harriett E Greentree.
+ 45 v George Hamilton4 Cobcroft, born 1873 in Wilberforce; died 1913 in Hurstville NSW Australia. He married Emily F Curtis.
17. William3 Cross (William2, Thomas1), born 1839 in Australia; died 1901 in Casino NSW Australia. He married in 1865 in Lismore NSW Australia Sarah Woodward, born 1843 in Gundurimba NSW Australia; died 1927 in Casino, daughter of William Woodward and Rebecca Gore.
Children of William Cross and Sarah Woodward were as follows:
46 i Walter R4 Cross, died 1887 in Casino.
47 ii William4 Cross, died 1888 in Casino.
48 iii Jessie4 Cross, died 1906 in Casino.
49 iv Thomas Henry4 Cross, died 1948 in Casino.
50 v Sophia Jane4 Cross, born 1873 in Richmond.
19. George H3 Cross (William2, Thomas1), born 1855 in Richmond; died 1909 in Mudgee NSW Australia. He married in 1886 in Richmond Elvina Farlow, born 1860 in Richmond ; died 1932 in Mudgee, daughter of William Farlow and Ellen Maria Markwell. Elvina was the granddaughter of convict, Robert Farlow.
Children of George H Cross and Elvina Farlow were as follows:
51 i Elsie4 Cross, born 1886 in Richmond.
33. Thomas3 Cross (George2, Thomas1), born 1853; died 1919 in Inglewood Qld Australia. He married (1) Victoria Leslie Kinane, born 1884; died 1943 in Hornsby NSW Australia; (2) Isabella Jane Rose, born 1853; died 1900 in Gravesend NSW Australia.
Children of Thomas Cross and Victoria Leslie Kinane were as follows:
52 i Emily G4 Cross, died 1908 in Moree NSW Australia.
53 ii George L J4 Cross, died 1911 in Moree.
54 iii Thomas Neville4 Cross, died 1981.
Children of Thomas Cross and Isabella Jane Rose were as follows:
55 i Olive Leeson4 Cross, born 1866.
56 ii Henry4 Cross, born 1873; died 1873.
57 iii Joshua Thomas4 Cross, born 1874 in Tilbuster NSW Australia; died 1903 in Moree.
58 iv Laura Elizabeth4 Cross, born 1875; died 1876.
59 v George Samuel4 Cross, born 1877; died 1877.
+ 60 vi Cyril Samuel4 Cross, born 1880 in Tilbuster; died 1953 in Bingara NSW Australia. He married Leah Muriel Legg.
61 vii Thomas4 Cross, born 1881 in SA Australia?; died 1971 in Warwick Qld Australia.
62 viii Franklin Norman4 Cross, born 1884; died 1972. He married (1) in 1907 in Moree Mary Smith; (2) in 1955 in Narrabri NSW Australia Flora Ann Gilbert?.
63 ix Florence Lillian4 Cross, born 1885 in Eulourie NSW Australia.
64 x Basil Charles4 Cross, born 1887; died 1958 in Inglewood Qld Australia. He married in 1911 in Warialda NSW Australia Mahila M Brines, born 1886 in Tamworth NSW Australia, daughter of Robert Brines and Mary A.
65 xi Oliver John4 Cross, born 1889; died 1919 in Inglewood Qld Australia.
66 xii Lucy Isabella4 Cross, born 1890; died 1945.
67 xiii Leah Rose4 Cross, born 1893; died 1968 in Cardiff NSW Australia.
35. Charles John3 Cross (George2, Thomas1), born 1857 in Richmond; died 1936 in Moree. He married in 1878 in Armidale; Elizabeth Georgina Hilliard, born 1858 in Batcombe Somerset England; died 1906 in Hillgrove NSW Australia.
Notes for Elizabeth Georgina Hilliard
Arrived with parents and siblings as assisted immigrants in 1859 on the Nimrod
Parents George and Harriett. Brother Jacob.
Children of Charles John Cross and Elizabeth Georgina Hilliard were as follows:
+ 68 i
69 ii Jane4 Cross, born 1883 in Armidale; died 1884 in Armidale.
70 iii Anne G H4 Cross, born 1885 in Armidale.
71 iv Alby A J4 Cross, born 1888 in Armidale; died 1894 in Hillgrove NSW Australia.
72 v Ethel M4 Cross, born 1891 in Hillgrove.
73 vi Lillian V4 Cross, born 1894 in Hillgrove.
44. Thomas Frederick4 Cobcroft (Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1871 in Wilberforce; died 1947 in Macksville NSW Australia. He married in 1900 in Windsor Harriett E Greentree, born 1875 in Windsor, daughter of Reuben Greentree and Frances Emily Cross.
Children of Thomas Frederick Cobcroft and Harriett E Greentree were as follows:
+ 74 i John Frederick5 Cobcroft, born 1900 in Windsor; died 1966. He married Vera Florence Ross.
75 ii Thomas Aubrey5 Cobcroft, born 1902 in Windsor; died 1972.
+ 76 iii William5 Cobcroft, born 1904; died 1966. He married Mavis Aileen Crawford.
+ 77 iv Harry S5 Cobcroft, born 1907; died 1976. He married Nellie Myrtle Bowd.
45. George Hamilton4 Cobcroft (Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1873 in Wilberforce; died 1913 in Hurstville. He married in 1894 in Windsor Emily F Curtis.
Children of George Hamilton Cobcroft and Emily F Curtis were as follows:
78 i Harry Hamilton5 Cobcroft, born 1894 in Windsor; died 1896. He married unknown.
+ 79 ii Stanley George5 Cobcroft, born 1896 in Wickham NSW Australia; died 1983. He married (1) Elizabeth A Withington; (2) Valerie Irene May Elliott.
80 iii Alan Roy5 Cobcroft, born 1898 in Wickham; died 1979. He married in 1942 in Merewether NSW Australia; Sybil Doreen Cock.
81 iv Dorothy Jean5 Cobcroft, born 1900 in Newcastle NSW Australia; died 1901 in Newcastle.
82 v Reginald R5 Cobcroft, born 1904 in Newcastle; died 1904 in Newcastle.
83 vi Madge T5 Cobcroft, born 1905 in Hamilton. She married in 1928 in Randwick NSW Australia; Alan Paull.
84 vii Esma Florence5 Cobcroft, born 1909 in Newcastle. She married in 1935 William Coffey.
85 viii Grace E5 Cobcroft, born 1909 in Newcastle. She married in 1944 in Newcastle William Henry Jennings.
86 ix Lorna Meryl5 Cobcroft, born 1912. She married Royland Caddy.
60. Cyril Samuel4 Cross (Thomas3, George2, Thomas1), born 1880 in Tilbuster ; died 1953 in Bingara NSW Australia. He married in 1901 in Bingara; Leah Muriel Legg, born 1883 in Manilla NSW Australia, daughter of James H Legg and Elizabeth Rumbsy.
Children of Cyril Samuel Cross and Leah Muriel Legg were as follows:
87 i Cyril5 Cross, born 1902 in Bingara. He married in 1932 in Bingara Elsie J Hutchen.
88 ii Ruby I5 Cross, born 1903 in Bingara. She married in 1922 in Warialda NSW Australia John C Stevens?.
89 iii Olive M5 Cross, born 1905 in Bingara.
90 iv Julia R5 Cross, born 1907 in Bingara.
91 v Arthur S5 Cross, born 1909 in Bingara.
92 vi Ivy G5 Cross, born 1910 in Bingara. She married in 1929 in Bingara George Kahler.
93 vii Athol Franklin5 Cross, died 1963 in Auburn NSW Australia.
94 viii Oliver Joshua5 Cross, born 1952 in Muswellbrook NSW Australia.
95 ix Ernest Thomas5 Cross, born 1965 in Burwood NSW Australia.
68. Emma Jane4 Cross (Charles John3, George2, Thomas1), born 1879 in Armidale. She married in 1901 in Armidale; Libbos Oban Smith, born 1876 in Emmaville NSW Australia; died 1952 in Hamilton NSW Australia, son of Thomas Charles Smith and Elizabeth A Roberts.
Children of Emma Jane Cross and Libbos Oban Smith were as follows:
96 i May Vera5 Smith, born 1902 in Hillgrove NSW Australia. She married in 1925 in Armidale; Henry John O'Halloran, born 1886.
74. John Frederick5 Cobcroft (Thomas Frederick4, Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1900 in Windsor; died 1966. He married in 1927 in Sydney Vera Florence Ross.
Children of John Frederick Cobcroft and Vera Florence Ross were as follows:
97 i Shirley6 Cobcroft, born in 1928. She married Ian Ismay.
98 ii Margaret Ross6 Cobcroft, born 1933. She married John Faulkner.
76. William5 Cobcroft (Thomas Frederick4, Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1904; died 1966. He married in 1933 Mavis Aileen Crawford.
Children of William Cobcroft and Mavis Aileen Crawford were as follows:
99 i William Alexander6 Cobcroft, born 1934; died 1955.
100 ii Barbara Marie6 Cobcroft, born 1936.
+ 101 iii David Thomas6 Cobcroft, born 1937. He married Maureen Anne Delaney.
77. Harry S5 Cobcroft (Thomas Frederick4, Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1907; died 1976. He married in 1937 in Windsor Nellie Myrtle Bowd, born 1908 in Glebe NSW Australia; daughter of Harrie H Bowd and Nellie Stubbs.
Children of Harry S Cobcroft and Nellie Myrtle Bowd were as follows:
102 i Kevin6 Cobcroft, born 1941. He married Robyn Caroline Stewart.
103 ii Valma6 Cobcroft, born 1946. She married (1) Robert Murphy; (2) Brian Thompson.
79. Stanley George5 Cobcroft (George Hamilton4, Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1896 in ickham; died 1983. He married (1) in 1922 in Ryde Elizabeth A Withington; (2) Valerie Irene May Elliott.
Children of Stanley George Cobcroft and Elizabeth A Withington were as follows:
104 i George Hamilton
105 ii Stanley John6 Cobcroft, born 1928; died 1928 in Armidale.
101. David Thomas6 Cobcroft (William5, Thomas Frederick4, Anne (Annie)3 Wood, Jane2 Cross, Thomas1), born 1937. He married in 1959 in Burwood; Maureen Anne Delaney.
Children of David Thomas Cobcroft and Maureen Anne Delaney were as follows:
106 i Martin David7 Cobcroft, born 1960.
107 ii Julianne7 Cobcroft, born 1964.
Andrew William Norman7